For the proper protection of personal information
We at ITP are in a business that requires the handling of various types of media including printed materials. We are therefore constantly handling personal information, including the information we receive from our customers.
As part of our compliance program, we have introduced a management system based on the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information," which aims to protect personal information.
Our efforts to protect the personal information we hold are outlined in our "Personal Information Protection Policy" indicated below.
Personal Information Protection Policy
We at ITP are in a business that generates various types of media centered on printed materials, and that handles a variety of information such as corporate and personal information.
In order to implement protection and management of personal information we obtain, we pledge to adhere to the “Personal Information Protection Policy” outlined below, which is based on a Personal Information Protection Management System that conforms to the JISQ15001 standard.
- We respect the sanctity of the individual, and will establish specific company rules relating to the proper handling and management of personal information, that comply with the laws, government policies, industry guidelines, and other standards as well as the social order, to ensure that such information is appropriately and securely managed. We also appoint management representatives, and ensure that our executives and other employees are comprehensively educated.
- We shall clearly state the purpose for using personal information, and acquire, use and supply only the required information, taking full measures to ensure the information is not used for any other purpose.
- We take the appropriate preventative and corrective measures to prevent unauthorized access, loss, defamation, and leaking of personal information held by our company.
- We shall appropriately manage the personal information transferred to us by our customers to ensure that our customers can be reassured when transferring this information to our company.
- We will install a Personal Information Inquiry Service to appropriately handle complaints and answer any questions that we receive.
- We shall establish an internal system for the protection of personal information, and effectively operate the system, while striving to continue to improve the Personal Information Protection Management System.
Personal Information Inquiry Service
ITP INC., General Administration Division, Personal Information Inquiry Service
Address: Ogawa Nishiiru, Marutamachi-Dori, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto
Personal Information Protection Administrator Chikara Hasegawa
*Information provided to the "Personal Information Inquiry Service" will be handled by our Personal Information Protection Administrator.
Usage of Personal Information
(When personal information is entrusted to ITP by customers)
- DM printing and distribution
- Operations related to campaigns and questionnaires
- Operations related to printing business cards and catalogs as well as related services
- Operations related to operating websites and managing memberships
- Operations related to sales from websites
- Operations related to shipping magazines and products or other agency services
- Other operations related to processing, printing, and shipping of personal information
(When personal information is gathered by ITP)
- Operations related to selling and shipping products ordered from us
- Operations related to responding to inquiries about our business
- Operations related to managing memberships for websites that we manage
- Operations related to sales from websites that we manage
- Operations related to management of events that we hold
- Operations related to our recruitment activity
- Operations related to managing executive officers and employees
Changes in Policy
The company policy on the protection and use of personal information may be subject to change, depending on the content of the work and services ITP provides. In this case, the latest information regarding the policy will always be made available on our website.
Use, Offer, and Transfer of Personal Information
At ITP, we use personal information only for the stated purpose it is gathered. In the event that some or all of our business is being outsourced, personal information may be transferred to the extent that is required. In this case, we ensure that the recipient of this information manages the information carefully by providing the necessary management and assistance. Personal information is not provided to any third-parties, other than when stipulated by the law or when agreed upon.
Voluntariness of Providing Personal Information
The scope of the personal information directly provided to ITP can be voluntarily determined by the individual. However, please understand that ITP may not be able to fulfill the requests of our customers (such as providing products and services, and various kinds of guidance) if we do not receive the personal information required to carry out our work.
Rights Regarding Personal Information and the Department to Contact
Individuals have the right to apply to ITP's Personal Information Inquiry Service to request the disclosure of the personal information of theirs that ITP holds. Upon viewing the disclosed information, you may also request to have information corrected or deleted if it is found to be incorrect.
ITP's Personal Information Inquiry Service will also answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding ITP's handling of personal information. If you have any questions, please contact the Personal Information Inquiry Service.
When one requests to have their personal information corrected, updated, or deleted, ITP respects that individual’s opinion, and takes the necessary measures within reasonable limits. (Please understand that because of this, the ITP website may become unable to be viewed.)
Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization
ITP INC. is a target entity of JIPDEC (Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community). JIPDEC is an authorized personal information protection organization based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
[Name of Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization]
JIPDEC (Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community)
Personal Information Protection Complaints Desk
Address: Roppongi First Bldg. 1-9-9 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-0032
Phone: 03-5860-7565 0120-700-779
* Personal Information is defined in the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" as "information about a living individual which can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth or other description contained in such information (including such information as will allow easy reference to other information and will thereby enable the identification of the specific individual)" (Article 2, Paragraph 1). This includes one's name, date of birth, contact details (address and phone number), information regarding one's position in a company, as well as video/audio that can be used to identify an individual that is recorded with a device such as a camera/video camera, e-mail addresses that can be used to identify an individual, and business cards that contain one's name, place of work, and phone number.
ITP also handles the following information as personal information: membership information entrusted to us by our customers, personal information used for direct mails, individual access information for the ITP website or other websites administered by ITP for our customers, and other personal information that corresponds to the uses indicated under "Usage of Personal Information."